Sorry for being a bit late on this but the second major maintenance update to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS has been released by the Ubuntu developer team. This release includes updated server, desktop, alternate installation CDs and DVDs for the i386 and amd64 architectures. This update also includes the official derivatives i.e Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc. Numerous updates have been integrated, and updated installation media has been provided so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded after installation. These include security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
This release has gone through many bugfixes and updates. Some important of them include :->
- On Wubi, it won’t ask for an install device, but just updates wubildr using the diverted grub-install.
- Mangle whether the ‘ui’ keyword is in syslinux.cfg based on the OS version.
- Fixed ‘crash’ on update/upgrade download error?.
- Install GRUB to the SATA RAID or multipath device when /boot is on such a device, rather than installing to the first hard dis.
- Added missing desktop files and icons.
Most of the fixes are hardware based that means the all-round hardware support have been improved. The following is a brief summary of bugs fixed between Ubuntu 10.04.1 and 10.04. –>> Ubuntu 10.04.2 Release Notes. This list includes all the secirity bugs that were fixed till this release –>> Ubuntu Security Notice.
(This summary covers only changes to packages in main and restricted, which account for all packages in the officially-supported CD images; there are further changes to various packages in universe and multiverse.)
For any queries regarding can be asked here @ our forum.