SuperTuxKart is a Free 3D Kart racing game with many cool tracks and carts making it a real fun game to play. You can play with up to 4 friends on one PC, racing against each other or just try to beat the computer. It is written in the C++ programming language and uses OpenAL for sounds. It used the libraries SDL and for graphics until milestone 0.7, when the project switched to the Irrlicht Engine.You can do a single race against other karts, compete in one of several Grand Prix, try to beat the high score in time trials on your own, play battle mode against your friends, and more! Its a real fun game but requires concentration, hand eye coordination and timing as well.
Graphics: 3D hardware accelerator with 32 MB with full OpenGL® support
CPU: Pentium III® 600MHz processor or AMD equivalent
RAM: 128 MB RAM
HDD Space: 160 MB free hard disk space
Install in Ubuntu via PPA
No need to download anything if you are an Ubuntu user. There is a PPA available for Ubuntu users (11.04,10.10,10.04) with which this game can be installed in an easy way.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stk/dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install supertuxkart
and done. Wait for the download & install process to complete. The PPA fine with Ubuntu 11.04 (tested).
New Features & Updates
This release features the following improvements over version 0.7 :->
- Particle (smoke, splash, fire) and weather effects
- New Fort Magma by Samuncle, new Shiny Suburbs track by Horace
- New Beagle kart by wolterh, new Emule kart by Kinsu
- Added internet news
- Support for live language switch
- Added optional minimal race UI
- Temporary invincibility after being hit
- Added support for full-screen anti-aliasing
- Clearer multiplayer setup
- Renamed many tracks to nicer names
- Basic level-of-detail (LOD) support
- Debug features for track makers
- Update to bullet 2.77
- Replace more sounds to be DFSG-compliant
- Fixed character names that contain non-ASCII characters
- Full RTL (right to left) support
- Various other tweaks done and glitches fixed
This is an arcade for those who want a fun game to take the pressure out of their minds for while. It has got many tracks, modes etc and is really fun to play.
- First, Choose your Alias and select difficulty levels.
- Then set your system preferences like sound, video, and other settings.
- Now select your game type and start playing
We will be back with more interesting games, till then keep Njoy !