Opera 11.50 codenamed “Swordfish” has been released and is ready for the downloads. We have been busy a lot lately so now hopefully things will be placed on time 🙂 Moving along, Opera is equipped with the newest rendering engine – Presto 2.9.168 — featuring up to 20% faster rendering of CSS and SVG, support for HTML5 tag <time>, Session History and Navigation and many other enhancements. Opera Next allows you to run the upcoming release of Opera alongside with your stable installation of Opera. It will always be automatically updated to the latest snapshot build. Opera Next is easily distinguishable by the Opera menu and the white icon.
There are 3 features in top focus here :-
1. Opera Next, basically a dev channel for snapshots – Opera Next allows you to run the upcoming release of Opera alongside with your stable installation of Opera. It will always be automatically updated to the latest snapshot build. Opera Next is easily distinguishable by the Opera menu and the white icon.
2. Password synchronization – Swordfish introduces the most requested feature for Link: password synchronization. You can enable it when you set up link for the first time or in the Synchronization Options dialog.
3. Speed Dial extensions – Swordfish brings your Speed Dial to life with Speed Dial extensions. Speed Dial extensions are like small web pages embedded in your Speed Dial, powered by Opera’s extension framework. They allow developers to make live previews of web pages or other nice decorations for your Speed Dial.
4) Improved user interface – Besides the above improvements, the developers continue to make Opera light, bright, and as user-friendly as possible without sacrificing power or flexibility. Some changes are highly visible, such as those to the address and status bars. Also, you will find that much of the skin has been reworked, including a brand new icon set. Some highlights are:
- Brand new toolbar icon set
- Brighter, softer colors for backgrounds and borders
- Padding and alignment improvements
- Updated status bar design and content
- Removed button borders in the address bar
5) Opera Mail – It has been further improved for usability and security.
- Improved the Gmail IMAP support that was added in Opera 11.10.
- Added support for setting designated “Trash” and “Spam” folders for IMAP servers that do not support the X-LIST or Special-Use IMAP extensions.
Rest are numerous bugfixes that will make things better this time. For details, see the official changelog. The wait for WebGL and Hardware Acceleration is still on.
Till then Njoy Opera 11.50 !!