Lubuntu 13.10 has been released and ready for download. This time it comes with a new awesome default wallpaper but don’t worry, it will still work on older machines as at the backend (zram), the idea is same. The default icon theme “Box” has been upgraded which makes it look even better. Firefox has replaced Chromium as default browser. Anyway, all you software are 1 click away with Lubuntu Software center as your disposal.
Follow the images to guide you through simple installation process:
- Linux kernel v3.11 and based Ubuntu 13.10.
- Based on the lightweight LXDE desktop environment.
- Firefox is the default internet browser.
- Pcmanfm, a fast and lightweight files manager using gio/gvfs.
- Openbox, the fast and extensible, default windows-manager of LXDE.
- Lightdm, using the simple GTK greeter.
- Box icon theme updated.
Quick Tip: If Lubuntu freezes at low spec systems, remove zram support by doing “sudo apt-get remove zram-config” and reboot your system and see if it works properly.
Njoy Lubuntu !