Kubuntu 14.04 Beta has been released and is ready for testing folks. It comes packed with KDE 4.12.2, Firefox 27, Muon 2.2 Alpha 1, a new Driver manager and many more. We will leave the rest for you to discover.
- KDE 4.12.2 includes many bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Muon 2.2 Alpha 1 is the first step towards a new version of Kubuntu’s software store. Retaining largely the same user interface, it features great improvements in robustness.
- Plugins in Gwenview can now be installed on-demand from inside the application.
- No software is perfect; Kubuntu 14.04 however makes it easier than ever before to inform developers when something has gone terribly wrong, using the all new automatic crash reporting.
- The previous Additional Drivers application is being replaced by the all new Driver Manager. The manager allows you to install and select the driver you want to use for software that has more than one supported driver, including proprietary drivers.
- The new touchpad configuration tools includes many configuration options to get your touchpad working just as you like.
- Install KDE Connect to your desktop and your Android mobile phone to integrate the two. Text messages will appear on your screen, files can be shared, your music can be controlled from your phone and your music will be turned off when you receive a phone call.
KDE Software Development Kit
- The newly available KDE software development kit equips new installations with everything necessary to write beautiful code using KDE and Qt technology, allowing everyone to quickly get started with writing code on Kubuntu 14.04. Install kde-developer-sdk to get started.
For further details of features or prevailing bugs, please refer this page.